Flourless Orange and Almond Cake Recipe (Paleo)
Who doesn’t love the taste of fresh oranges? Now you can enjoy them as part of this delicious Orange and Almond cake.
The prep time for the oranges also gives you the chance to enjoy a Strawberry and Almond smoothie while you wait!
- 2 oranges, halved
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups almond meal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup honey
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease a 9-inch cake pan.
- Place two oranges in a medium pot, covered with water, and simmer until soft–about 1 hour. Remove and allow to cool.
- Once cool, cut the oranges into quarters and blend in a food processor until smooth.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, sugar, vanilla, baking powder, and almond meal until well blended.
- Whisk in the butter and orange puree.
- Pour into the prepared cake pan and bake for 40-45 minutes. A toothpick inserted into the center should come out clean.
1, 9-inch cake