Paleo Lobster Eggs Benedict Recipe
- 6 paleo-friendly biscuits or English muffins
- 8 ounces cooked lobster meat, cut into 1-2 inch pieces
- 6 eggs
For the hollandaise:
- 2 eggs yolks
- 2 teaspoons water
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper or paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Begin by making the hollandaise sauce.
- Using a small saucepan, whisk the egg yolks, water, and lemon juice over low heat.
- Whisk continually; they should begin to turn a lighter shade. If it begins to bubble, remove from heat. You don’t want the eggs scrambling, just heating very slowly.
- Once the mixture begins to thicken, slowly add the butter (about 1 teaspoon at a time at first, then 1 tablespoon at a time). Again, if it heats too quickly remove the pot from the burner.
- Once the butter is smoothly added to the mixture, and the spice and salt and remove from heat. Cover and set aside.
- Poach or fry each egg (depending on preference) and set aside while you prepare the biscuits.
- Evenly divide the lobster on each biscuit, then place the egg on top.
- Drizzle with hollandaise sauce and serve immediately.