The Confidence AB MASTER Pro has been designed to provide a much larger range of motion than many similar ab trainers, in order to train your abs and obliques effectively.
This product article takes a look at its features in more detail, together with a summary of the customer reviews, and a quick comparison of some similar abdominal workout products.
While most of us know that developing that ‘6 pack’ look is just as focussed on diet as it is on training, it’s still important to develop an effective training routine for your abs, obliques, hips and lower back.
The problem with standard crunches is that the lower back can often start to curve inwards towards the end of your set as the strength of your lower back muscles lasts longer than your abs.
This is particularly true if you perform heavy deadlifts without a well balanced ab training routine.
The Confidence Ab Master Pro was designed to help provide additional support during these ab workouts, preventing the lower back pressure many people experience with regular sit ups.
Increased support and range of motionHaving a 200 degree range of motion means that you can also return your upper body to a position below the parallel it’s used to.
This extra stretch can help to stress the muscles more effectively, providing the stimulus your muscles need to grow (when combined with the correct diet).
The design of the Ab Master Pro also makes it well suited to anyone that finds it difficult to perform crunches or sit ups with their own bodyweight.
Using the curved bar that extends above the middle of the ab trainer you can engage your lats to varying degrees, based on your arm and grip position.
This helps to build up the core strength you need to see the greatest improvements in other lifts, such as squats and deadlifts, without the strain on your lower back or neck.
Confidence AB MASTER – Features Summary
- Confidence’s Ab Master 200 degree range of motion targets all your abs and obliques all at once with one smooth up and down motion
- All you need is a couple of minutes a day, along with proper diet and regular exercise, to tone and flatten your stomach in days, not months
- Confidence’s Ab Master rolling wheel action creates a smooth consistent motion enabling a full range of motion
- Provides proper neck and back support to keep you in perfect form. Folds away for easy storage.
- Thick padding allows you to exercise in comfort and provides excellent support.
Developing your abs and obliques
Whether you are buying a set of dumbbells, squat rack, or treadmill, it can be useful to write down a collection of workout plans to show how you intend to get the best use out of the equipment.
In terms of the Ab Master, there are various training routines that involve altering the rep tempo, sets, reps, and difficulty setting.
As a basic workout, it’s best to start with 4 sets of 15 reps, maintaining strict form and a medium paced rep tempo.
This means 2 seconds of concentric motion (moving towards contraction), 1 second of contracting your abs, followed by 2 seconds of eccentric motion (lowering yourself back to the starting position).
This can then be mixed in with some of your current abdominal exercises, or even developed into its own workout, with higher numbers of sets and reps.
With a set of well defined abs being so high up the fitness goals list for many people, there has been no shortage of companies developing products to help you train your core more effectively.
In terms of the different types of equipment available, you really have 7 main options:
- Ab roller wheel
- Ab cradle
- Ab glider
- Swiss ball / Bosu
- Seated abs machine
- Bodyweight exercises (such as crunches and sit ups)
- Designs such as the Confidence Ab Master
There are also dozens if not hundreds of other machines that differ slightly in their range of motion, but these are the main 7.
If you are working to a set budget, the Ab Master has been priced towards the lower end of the range, and is usually available for around £40.
In comparison, seated abs machines and ab gliders such as the ProForm Ab glider are often much more expensive, making it difficult to find a design that costs less than £100.
Despite the wide range of abdominal trainers currently available, the Confidence Ab Master Pro still has the highest number of reviews, as well as one of the highest overall ratings.
While we would always recommend reading through as many reviews as possible to get a feel for people’s opinion of a product, with hundreds currently available this could take some time.
For convenience, we’ve collected some of the most frequently mentioned pros and cons, then put them together in the lists shown below.
- Quick and easy to assemble
- Power needed to move the curved bar is adjustable, creating different levels of difficulty for your ab workouts
- 4 adjustment settings to suit all levels of personal fitness, from beginners to advanced
- A fraction of the cost you would pay for the Ab King Pro
- User manual provides a range of suggested exercises, so that you can get started with your ab training as soon as it’s assembled
- Can be folded flat in seconds for easy storage
- Comfortable padding helps to cushion your shoulders, head, and lower back
- High build quality and stability
- A few customers reported the pins could not fit through the holes, making it difficult to assemble
- Some of the lower rated reviews had issues with assembly due to missing pins, although these were sent out quickly by the seller once contacted
- Poor quality of packaging after some deliveries