The Confidence Fitness Adjustable Weight Bench offers slightly more features than their utility bench, but does mean you sacrifice some extra space, even when folded.
This review takes a look at the design, customer reviews, and exercise options, to provide you with all the information you need to decide if this is the best weights bench for your own home gym.
Incline settings and a foldable frame
If you want to fully train your chest muscles and have more control over their shape and development, it’s important to have access to a weights bench that offers a variety of back support positions.
Although you can probably do without the decline if you have a lower budget, having the incline settings will greatly improve how you train your upper chest.
Despite its low price, the Confidence Fitness Adjustable workout bench still provides 3 of these incline settings, together with its basic flat position.
The only thing worth bearing in mind is the distance between the padding and the bar at its highest position.
When you have the barbell on the rack, this leaves very little distance for you to slide your head underneath.
If you think this could be an issue for your own workouts, it might be worth taking a look at the Physionics HNTLB01.
Although higher priced, you do have much more height on the barbell supports, making it easier to perform the incline bench press.
To help preserve space when you aren’t working out, the Confidence Fitness bench also folds vertically, making it easier to store.
Confidence Fitness Adjustable Weights Bench – Features Summary
- Adjustable incline bench for a variety of bench press exercises. Work your upper chest and shoulders with the bench press station
- Build and develop your quads, hamstrings, and glutes with the leg extension station
- Constructed with steel square tubing and comfortable high density seat and back pad
- Adjustable uprights
- Quick and easy assembly
Compound and isolation exercises
Before buying any weights bench, it’s important to make sure that the exercise options available fit in with your current fitness goals.
If you want to gain strength, you’ll want to make sure that the Confidence Fitness Adjustable bench has a high enough weight capacity.
If strength is your only goal from resistance training, you will usually need to include mainly compound exercises in your workout plan.
Unfortunately, aside from the flat and incline bench presses, you don’t have the option to perform overhead presses, squats, or deadlifts.
Therefore this bench is a much better option for general bodybuilding and muscle toning workouts, providing a stable platform for a range of isolation exercises.
These include leg extensions and hamstring curls, as well as concentration curls, seated dumbbell presses and lying tricep extensions when combined with a high quality dumbbell set.
Although the Confidence Fitness Adjustable bench gets a mixed reception in the customer reviews, we were still able to put together a useful list of pros and cons, based on the customer’s actual experiences.
All of the reviews are available to read in full on Amazon, but for convenience we have also provided a quick overview below:
- Lightweight frame design makes it easy to move when folded
- Low price
- Sturdy frame
- Leg attachment is useful for lower body isolation exercises
- Quick to assemble
- Barbell supports allow you to include barbell exercises in your workouts
- This should generally be classed as a beginners bench for people under 6ft tall, due to the lower weight capacity and limited height from the ground.
- Some of the assembly instructions aren’t particularly clear
- Height clearance between the top incline setting and the bar is fairly limited