If you’re looking for an ab bench that goes beyond the standard flat training platform, the Ultrasport Sit-Up Bench with dumbbell storage and resistance bands could be the best option for you.
This review takes a look at the bench in more detail, including the design features, exercise options, and a summary of the customer reviews.
If you’re looking for a way to develop your abs into that ‘6-pack’ look, it’s important to train your core on a regular basis.
But it doesn’t always make sense to travel to a commercial gym for an ab workout alone, and we don’t always train our abs with the focus they deserve if we combine them with training another muscle group.
This is where the Ultrasport Sit-Up Bench comes in.
If you’ve already looked through a few decline ab benches, you might notice a few subtle design differences.
The first of these is the shape of the back support. Where many ab benches provide a simple flat section, similar to a standard weights bench, the curve in this back support is designed to increase your range of motion.
The extra stretch in the abs at the start of the movement may not seem like much, but it can really make a big difference to your results.
Another of the more unique features of this Ultrasport bench is the addition of dumbbell storage hooks under the back support.
Placed midway up the bench, this allows you to keep a set of dumbbells within easy reach, regardless of which way you lie on the bench.
Although we take a look at this more in the next section of our review, it’s important to remember that gradually increasing the resistance plays a big part in increasing your strength.
But the dumbbells aren’t the only way to increase your workout intensity and add new challenges.
The Ultrasport Sit-Up bench also features a set of resistance bands, creating a whole new range of exercise options for training your chest, back, shoulders, and arms.
Ultrasport Sit-Up Bench – Features Summary
- The most popular device to firm and form abdominal, back, chest, arm and hip muscles
- Move the fitness studio into your home and shape your body with only a few minutes of exercise each day
- Includes 2 x 1.5 kg (3.3 lbs) fitness dumbbells / 2 x latex elastic straps
- After your exercise, this device can be folded down with just a few twists of your hand and then stored away to save space.
- With individually adjustable leg height holder for dumbbells underneath the bench (not included in the set)
Building stronger abs and obliques
Whether you want to improve muscle tone, increase core strength, or increase muscle size, you won’t achieve any of these goals without consistently increasing the intensity of your workouts.
This doesn’t necessarily mean that you have to lift more weight each week, but finding a way to shock your muscles on a regular basis is key to development of any muscle group, including your abs.
This is why the design of the Ultrasport Sit-Up bench is so beneficial.
The increased range of motion, dumbbells, resistance bands, and bar that allows you to focus on lower ab development all help to set this bench apart from others in this price category.
For less than the cost of one month’s membership at many commercial gyms, you have a convenient platform from which to perform a wide range of exercises for your upper body, specifically your abs.
- Sit ups
- Leg raises
- Weighted crunches
- Pec flys (bands)
- Oblique twists
- Upright rows (bands)
- Lateral raises (bands)
Before you make the final decision on buying any new sit-up bench, it’s important to take into account any negative issues that might be reported in the customer reviews.
Together with YouTube videos, gallery images, and our own reviews, these can be a great way to find out of there are any recurring issues with any specific design.
After reading through the reviews for the Ultrasport Sit-Up bench on Amazon, we’ve put together the following lists of pros and cons based on the points that were raised most often.
- Easy to assemble
- A useful collection of exercise options are provided with the user manual
- Comfortable padding on both the back support and foam rollers
- Lightweight design makes it easy to move around if needed
- Folds flat for convenient storage between workouts
- Option to perform both crunches and leg raises to fully target all areas of your abs
- Dumbbells and resistance bands provided
- Poor quality assembly instructions
- While dumbbells are provided, you might find them fairly light if you have experience with resistance workouts