The Marcy MP1105 Multi Gym is a multi gym that offers a wide variety of possible exercises, with a weight that is well suited to the beginner and intermediate user.
The main chest press handles are constructed much like the rest of the frame, using thick heavy duty steel framework to help reduce the need for any tightening of bolts after being used for a few months like you would see with other multi gyms.
UPDATE MAY 2016 – Product Not Available
The product recently became unavailable to purchase online and we could not locate a time for the product to become available (if at all). We have sourced a similarly-priced product with fantastic package inclusions. Just click on the product image below to view the specifications and pricing. We hope it helps you find what you’re looking for!
Benefits of the Marcy MP1105 multi gym design
The two thinner handles at the bottom of the main arms are well positioned for the chest pressing exercises. The padding on the arms has been added to press your elbows against when performing pec flys, which are possible thanks to the dual movement at the top of the chest press frame.
Directly above the chest press is the lat pulldown. It tends to be a matter of preference whether you sit with your back facing the machine (which helps to take any rocking motion out of the pulldown exercises), or facing the machine which allows you to lean back and squeeze your inner back muscles more at the bottom of the movement when the bar is near your chest.
Because of the way the supporting bar has been designed on the Marcy MP1105, only a small amount is pointing out beyond the chest press support section. This helps to reduce any movement in the machine when performing pulldowns or even tricep extensions with heavier weights.
Marcy MP1105 Multi Gym – Features Summary
- 2″ x 2 3/4″ heavy duty steel tube frame
- Vertical 2″ round steel bench press arms
- 50kg vinyl selectorized weight stack produces up to 57kg resistance
- Dual function press arm achieves all pressing exercises (bench, incline, shoulder) along with pec fly exercises
- High and low pulley stations
- 2000 lb. tensile strength aircraft cable system
- Durable powder coated finish
- 4″ pulleys with sealed ball bearings
- High density boxed upholstery
- Back pad features added lumbar support
- Oversized roller pads on leg developer with proper pivot point for correct muscle isolation
- Includes lat bar, shiver bar, and ankle strap
Weight Limits For Each Station
- Lat Pulldown / High Pulley Station: 50 kg
- Leg Developer / Low Pulley Station: 50 kg
- Chest Press Station: 57 kg
- Pec Dec Station: 50 kg (Both Arms)
Low cable pulley
The low pulley can also be used with the ankle attachment for performing basic leg exercises. More strenuous leg exercises can be added to your workouts with the padded foam rollers at the front of the Marcy MP1105 multi gym.
Because the cable runs through the bottom of the leg extension frame, this means the tension will start further towards your knee joint and activate more muscle fibers during leg extensions compared to if the cable was higher.
- Chest: Chest Press, Pec Dec
- Back: Lat Pulldown, Close Grip Pulldowns, Seated Rows, Bent Over Rows
- Shoulders: Shrugs, Upright Rows, Front Raises
- Triceps: Tricep Pushdowns, Tricep Pulldowns
- Biceps: Bicep Curls, High Cable Curls
- Legs: Leg Extensions, Leg Curls