The Marcy MWB1282 Home Gym Smith Machine is perfect if you are looking for a smith machine that allows you to perform all the major exercises to develop all the major muscle groups.
Being supplied with a cambered bar for doing pulldowns means you can effectively work all areas of your back as well as the triceps and abdominal muscles. Because of the shape and length of the bar you can position your hands wider to focus the weight on your lat muscles when doing pulldowns to the front of you, or keep your hands closer together to focus more in the inner back muscles. You can also hit the upper or middle of your back depending on whether you use an overhand or underhand grip.
Behind the neck pulldowns are also possible which will help to mainly develop your traps and rear deltoid muscles, but also adds further development to your entire upper back.
By standing up you can also use the bar as a tricep extension exercise to help strengthen and grow your triceps, either as an overhead extension or as an extension with keeping your elbows by your sides depending on which part of the tricep you want to target.
Although there are only 2 Olympic weight plate storage pegs on each side of the Marcy MWB1282 compared to the 3 each side on some of the other Marcy smith machine models, this is still more than enough storage for a wide range of weight plates.
As well as the overhead pulley for pulldowns and extensions, there is also the main bar which can be locked in place either by twisting the bar and locking the hooks over the pegs, or by letting it come to rest on the supports that can be locked in place at specific heights to ensure complete safety while lifting and prevent the bar from pinning you under the weight when bench pressing or squatting.
This can also help when you are looking to perform exercises with a limited range of motion, such as the upper portion of close grip bench presses to overload just the triceps, front and rear barbell shrugs or seated and standing calf raises. Often if you are completely exhausting the muscle it is difficult to be able to rotate the bar back to the locked position so it can be easier and safer to let it rest on the locking blocks.
The bench that comes with the Marcy MWB1282 can also be fully adjusted to cater for decline, incline and flat barbell presses. This can be useful in the flat position even for exercises such as ‘box squats’ if you are a more experienced lifter. This also makes it a great bench for performing decline crunches and other abdominal exercises.
Marcy MWB1282 Home Gym – Features Summary
- Fully Adjustable Weight Bench With Quick Foot Release Adjustment Allows Incline, Decline, Flat and Military Positions
- Weight Bench Features Dual Leg Developer For Leg Curl And Leg Extension Exercises
- Ultra Glide Bushings On Press Bar For Frictionless Lifting
- Oversized, Adjustable Safety Catches
- 4 Olympic Weight Plate Storage Posts Keep Plates In Order While Not In Use
- 3.5″ Round And 1.5″ x 3″ Heavy Duty Steel Tube Frame Construction
- Durable Powder Coated Finish
- High and Low Pulley Stations With Lat Bar, Curl Bar, Single Handle And Ankle/Wrist Cuff Accessories
- Independent Weight Bench With Transportation Wheels And Handle Can Be Removed To Provide Walk In Squat Capability
- Warranty: 2 years limited on parts
Gym Attachments Included
- Straight Bar
- Lat Bar
- 1 x Single D-Handles
- Ankle Strap
Marcy MWB1282 Specifications
Max User Weight on the Bench: 300lbs / 136kg
Max Weight on High Pulley Station: 300 lbs / 136kg
Max Weight on Low Pulley Station: 300 lbs / 136kg
Max Weight on Leg Developer: 100 lbs / 45kg
Max Weight on Smith Press Bar: 300lbs / 136kg
Max Weight Capacity: 600lbs / 272kg
Box 1: 82.5″ x 60.5″ x 20.5″ (55 kg)
Box 2: 49.25″ x 15.25″ x 7.5″ (23 kg)
Box 3: 53″ x 20″ x 8.5″ (31 kg)
- Chest: Incline, Flat, Decline Press, DB Flyes, Single Cable Crossovers
- Back: Lat Pulldown (Wide/Close), Seated Rows, Bent Over Rows, Single Arm Rows
- Shoulders: Shoulder Press, Upright Rows, Shrugs, Lateral Raises, Front Raises
- Triceps: Tricep Pushdown, Tricep Press, Tricep Kickbacks
- Biceps: Cable Curls, High Cable Curls, Concentration Curls
- Legs: Squats, Leg Extensions, Leg Curls, Deadlifts, Lunges
- Abs: Cable Crunches, Woodchoppers, Weighted Leg Raises