Combining an exercise bike and cross trainer into the same machine, the We R Sports 2-in-1 Elliptical helps you get an effective cardiovascular workout, even with limited space and budget.
The best way to get around this is by setting up your own home gym, using just the equipment that you would be using most often at the gym anyway.
With two of the most popular cardio machines being the exercise bike and elliptical trainer, it makes sense that the We R Sports 2-in-1 Elliptical has combined both functions into the one machine.
As well as cutting down on the cost, this also helps to reduce the amount of space you need to include both types of workout in your fitness routine.
Replacing the pedals is a set of large foot plates, with plenty of room to rest your feet during both cycling and cross training.
These are then joined to the large set of handles, which are designed to be in reach of the adjustable seat.
This allows you to train your arms and back, at the same time as getting a lower body workout from the cycling.
Another useful feature of the We R Sports 2-in-1 Elliptical is the transport wheels attached to the front base stabilizer. These make it much easier to move the machine between workouts if required.
We R Sports 2-in-1 Elliptical – Features Summary
- Get in shape now in the comfort of your own home with the latest in fitness technology!
- Provides a total body, low-impact, cardiovascular workout! (legs, hips, buttocks, arms & shoulders)
- Tubular steel frame giving you a secure and stable workout
- Burns 5 times more calories than walking
- 4 function on board computer (Time, Speed, Distance and Calories).
Display console design
Although this isn’t to the same scale as for the Tunturi ellipticals, this still provides you with some useful information for keeping track of your workout.
The single large ‘Mode’ button lets you change the information shown on the display screen between one of 4 functions; time, speed, distance, and calories burned.
One thing worth remembering in terms of the calories burned, is that the feedback is likely to be more of an estimate rather than an accurate figure. This is the same as with any cardio machine that doesn’t let you enter height, weight, and age information.
With their growing popularity, there are now many companies that have started to add a 2-in-1 machine to their range of fitness equipment.
In terms of price, the JTX model can often be found for less than £200, with the York version a little over £300.
Even when not on sale, this means the We R Sports version is available at a significantly lower price.
Putting price aside, another important factor is customer reviews. Although the JTX cross trainer has a higher average review rating, the We R Sports 2-in-1 Elliptical is still impressive, with a higher number of reviews and a similar average rating.
The final comparison worth making is the features. If you enjoy working out to a set program, the York Active 120 is most likely your best option.
With 17 preset training programs and twice the number of resistance levels (16) as the We R Sports design, this is one of the main reasons for the difference in price.
- Useful range of available resistance levels
- Simple to assemble
- Takes up much less space than buying the two machines separately
- Range of available exercise options represents great value for money
- Fan resistance keeps you cool during your workouts
- Cross trainer motion helps to work your arms and back, as well as your lower body
- Base stabilizers do an excellent job of keeping the machine stable
- Noisier than some ellipticals and exercise bikes. This is due to the large fan that creates the resistance
- Most of the lower rated reviews were relating to difficulty assembling the machine. There are mixed reviews regarding its assembly, so it might be worth reading the full reviews to build up your own impression.