The Frontier Olympus Max Extendable Long Stride Cross Trainer is a cross trainer built with all the quality of the cross trainers you would find at a top commercial gym, but at a cost and size that makes it perfect for home use.
As is often the case with cross trainers, the flywheel is where the main weight is, but this helps to add smoothness and stability when in use.
There are also a good variety of different exercise programmes to work through that will suit all abilities.
By having a high quality exercise machine such as the Frontier Olympus Long Stride at home, you will find yourself with much more time thanks to not having to drive to the gym after work and on weekends. This added convenience also means that you are more likely to exercise more often, being able to just wake up and do short sessions every morning, then a longer session in the evening after work or on weekends if you wish.
The built in computer allows for up to 4 people to create custom user profiles and save them so you can quickly set the machine up to your own ability in a matter of seconds.
The Frontier Olympus Max is a well-made piece of exercise equipment and one of the key features as its name suggests, is the adjustable stride length. If you haven’t used a cross trainer with adjustable stride length before, you probably weren’t getting the most out of your cardio session.
There are some models of cross trainer that have just one fixed setting of stride length, which means it doesn’t necessarily fit with your natural walking, jogging or running stride.
With the stride length being adjustable, the Frontier Olympus Max can quickly be adjusted together with the user profile to meet the exercise requirements and stride length of almost any user very quickly.
You can adjust the stride length from a minimum of 17 inches to a maximum of 21 inches, depending on your height and the speed with which you will be running.
Check the price[/button]
[box type=”shadow” align=”aligncenter” width=”400″ ]
Frontier Olympus Cross Trainer – Features Summary
- Variable stride system (Extendable from 17″ to 21″) Revolutionary patented
- Ultra Smooth 25Kg Magnetic Flywheel system, among the heaviest and smoothest
- Gym type Backlit Colour LCD display with 16 Exercise programs, Ergometer
- Suitable for Semi-Commercial application
- CE Approved and TUV Certified to German quality standards. 3 Year Warranty.
- 3-piece Crank and bearing for smoothest operation
- Forward and reverse motion
- Thick Gauge Large Diameter Section Steel and Aluminium Structure
- Computer controlled resistance adjustment (via servo motor)
Display console functions
The main backlit LCD Ergometer console displays all the most important information for monitoring your training session, and being backlit you can be sure it is always clear and easy to read even in low light conditions.
The information displayed is your time spent on the machine that session, distance covered, RPM, speed, calories burned that session, your age and heart rate if holding the hand sensors or wearing a heart rate belt, torque and watts.
All 16 of different types of resistance level are displayed on the console just under the LCD display, where you will also find a graph that shows information such as your progress on your current session.
The buttons on the lower section of the display console are simple enough to use and well covered in the instruction manual so it won’t take new users long to get started with a cardio program to suit their needs.
16 Exercise Program Profiles
- 1 Manual
- 6 Preset
- 4 Heart rate control programmes are: HRC 60%, 75%, 85% and 100%
- 4 User set and memorised programs, each managed and sequenced from the computer
- 1 Body Fat Measurement
- Recovery mode
Heart rate control programmes
If you are considering buying the Frontier Olympus Max cross trainer, it’s worth also buying a separate heart rate monitor belt that you can wrap around your body just below your chest. While the sensors for measuring your heart rate are perfectly placed, you may alter your heart rate just by stopping the movement your arms go through when holding onto the main handles, giving an inaccurate reading. By wearing a heart rate monitor belt, this makes for a much more accurate heart rate reading over a longer period of time.
This will also allow you to use one of the heart rate programmes, where you simply enter your gender and age and the machine will calculate your optimum heart rate. The resistance level will then be adjusted throughout your workout to make sure you stay within the required range.
One final little design feature worth mentioning is the water bottle holder attached to the main section of the Frontier Olympus cross trainer, and within easy reach using any workout programme and stride setting.
Additional useful features
- Static and Moving hand grips for alternative exercising styles
- Anti-Slip pedals, adjustable for reach
- Quality Drink Bottle and Holder
- Pulse sensors in static hand grips
- Radio receiver for chest belt pulse sensor built in (chest belt not included)
- Transport wheels in front stabiliser
- Floor level adjustment built into rear stabiliser
- Mains powered
- CE and TUV Certified to German production standards (far superior to CE alone)
- Max. user weight: 136Kg (21.5 Stones)
- Full English language user manual