The Hammer Walkrunner RPE Folding Treadmill is one of the few designs available that comes supplied with a set of 1kg dumbbells for increasing the intensity of your workout.
The following product article will look at the design and functionality in a little more detail to help you decide whether this treadmill is the best choice for you.
Speed and incline settings
Unlike many treadmills that will automatically adjust the incline depending on the setting you select on the display, the Hammer Walkrunner requires you to manually set the incline at the back of the machine before starting your workout.
As well as the normal flat position, the incline level can be adjusted to either 2 or 4 degrees. The speed can be easily adjusted either using the controls on the handle, or the preset levels on the display that can change the speed between 2 and 12 km/h, in 2 km/h increments. The full 16 km/h setting can be set by using the controls on the handle.
An essential design feature for most treadmills that can be used at home is the system that assists in raising and lowering the running belt. The Hammer Walkrunner’s pneumatically assisted Fold-up System makes it very easy to fold the treadmill into taking up a much smaller space.
The overall frame design has been developed with a slim profile to create a more modern looking workout machine, while the heavy gauge welded steel frame makes sure you don’t lose any strength and support when running.
Another nice design feature are the handles. There has been a set of buttons added to each handle to make it easier for you to alter both the incline and the speed of the running belt without having to move up to the main display unit.
The handles are also kept as short as possible, while maintaining the practicality of having something there to steady yourself if you get off balance. This short length helps to give you more space to walk, jog or run on the belt.
Check the price[/button]
[box type=”shadow” align=”aligncenter” width=”400″ ]
Hammer Walkrunner RPE – Features Summary
- Speed Range 1 to 16 km/h, 9 Programs, quick speed selection, 2 position manual incline, assisted Folding Design
- Supplied with free walking dumbbells. 2 years UK warranty on all parts, 10 years motor warranty
- 120Kg (19 Stone) Max User Weight.
- Tough Construction – TUV and GS Certified to German quality standards (considerably superior to CE alone)
- German brand HAMMER has been established in Europe for over 100 years
Display console design
In terms of display units on treadmills, you don’t get much simpler than the one found on the Hammer Walkrunner Folding Treadmill.
Using a symmetrical button and LED screen layout, the display is split into two main sections. The top half displays the different information such as speed, time and calories, while the bottom half has the buttons for changing between preset speeds.
The central 8 x 8 LED screen is used to display your progress through any of the 9 workout programmes that are possible with the Hammer Walkrunner. (1 manual, 5 Speed programs, 3 User designed programs)
- Motor: Continuous Rating: 1.25Hp: Peak Rating: 2.5Hp
- Hand Pulse Sensors
- Body Fat Measurement to help tailor exercises
- 1250mm x 420mm Running Deck. SUPER SOFT shock resistant running surface for joint friendly exercise
- 8 x 8 LED Bar Array shows progression through programs
- 4 Bright LED Displays show Time, Speed, Distance, Calories, Pulse
- 9 Programs (1 manual, 5 Speed Programs, 3 User Programmable)
- Pre-settings Time, Distance
- Safety key (stops the machine if you fall)
- Heavy gauge welded steel frame
- Pneumatically assisted Fold-up System
- Wheels in base for easier Transporting and Positioning
Safety and storage
Whenever you are buying a piece of exercise equipment for use at home, it’s essential that it is safe to use when you are on your own.
The Hammer Walkrunner comes with a safety key fitted to the main display unit. This is so that if you do fall, the treadmill will quickly stop the belt from moving and prevent any further injury.
Folded Dimensions: 90cm x 71cm x 148cm (LxWxH)
Built Dimensions: 166cm x 71cm x 131cm (LxWxH)
- Hammer RPE Treadmill
- 2 Dumbbells
- Assembly Tools
- Silicone Oil Bottle
- Power Cable
- User Instructions