The Everlast VKR Power Tower is a piece of workout equipment that is perfectly suited to either commercial gyms or your own home.
Often with any piece of gym equipment that will be used in a home gym you will see design features that have been added to make the most of a limited space. Treadmills come in foldable versions, dumbbells have been designed to have their weight adjustable to save on buying lots of different pairs, and the Everlast VKR Power Tower has an attachment and room for a punch bag at the back of the main pull up and dip section.
As with any piece of fitness equipment, if you are looking to buy this for home use then you need to be aware of the size. Although not as tall as some other power towers, the Everlast VKR still measures over 2 metres (210cm), and you will need to allow a little more room than this to take into account how high your head will rise when performing full contraction pullups.
Pull up variations and bicep work with the Everlast VKR Power Tower
Although the top wide pull up bar gets thicker towards the main support bars, there is still enough room to position your hands for a variety of different pullups, from having your palms facing to a wide overhand grip depending on which back muscles you are focussing on. By performing pullups with your hands facing, the Everlast VKR Power Tower also helps you focus on improving your bicep size and strength.
[box type=”shadow” align=”aligncenter” width=”400″ ]
Everlast VKR Power Tower – Features Summary
- New design allows for push ups, sit ups, pull ups, dips, vertical knee raises and boxing workouts
- Easy to assemble and use this heavy bag stand will accommodate any heavy bag up to 100 lbs (boxing bag must be purchased separately)
- Solid steel material and heavy duty construction ensure safety and stability
- Dimensions In Inches: Width: 48″ x Length: 65.4″ x Height: 82.7″
- Dimensions In Inches: Width: 122cm x Length: 166cm x Height: 210cm
With the sturdy and oversized tubular framework, the Everlast VKR Power Tower is strong enough to comfortably support you during your workout whether you are performing pullups, dips or a variation of leg raises using the padded back and arm rests.
For an added exercise and to make even more efficient use of the space it takes up, there are also two handles on the base of the power tower that can be used for performing pressups. Eventhough these are a bodyweight only exercise and it is difficult to add more resistance, they are perfect for either pre-exhausting your muscles before the dips or for doing immediately after your dips in a superset to really exhaust the muscles and promote growth.
The hook at the back of the Everlast VKR is for attaching a boxing bag, and can take a bag up to around 100lb in weight without any problems. Boxing is not just a way of improving your cardiovascular health, but also burning fat. A 20 minute boxing cardio workout can burn 281 calories vs 164 calories burnt for a high impact aerobics class or 188 calories for a 12-14 mph bike ride.
Key Product Features
- Dipping handles
- Multiple grip pull up bar / chin up bar
- Back support to perform leg raises / knee raises
- Press up handles with foam grips for comfort
- Punch bag hanging bracket for separate bag to be placed on
- Sit up bar with foam rollers
- Solid steel construction
- High density foam upholstery ensures comfort
Muscle Groups Worked
- Increases bicep and tricep strength
- Sculpts the deltoids (shoulders)
- Sculpts entire legs
- Sculpts abdominals